Chris McCusker (born 13 August 1958 in North Lidcombe, Sydney) is an Australian songwriter, musician and sound designer who has worked with many bands over the last 35 years. He has produced albums for many artists and worked for many years in a recording studio in Bathurst, New South Wales called the Cave.
Chris McCusker started performing live with bands as a bass player from 1973. His first band performing some of his, and his older brothers [John McCusker (1956–2006)] material, from 1974 was a band called Cade. He is now in the band The Mad Arabs, since 1989.
Chris McCusker is currently working with Higgs Boson and the Strange Charm on their new album “Awaiting Discovery”. He is currently working as a mastering engineer at Art House Mastering and plays bass with Shaking Hands Copperwing Trio, and the Abercrombie House Jazz Band.
- Young Blood II (1990 – compilation album – RooArt upSwing
- The upSwing (1991) upSwing
- Third Eye (1993) upSwing
- Cockies Joy Live (1997) Cockies Joy
- Glory Box (1998) Glory Box
- Quantum Connections (2016) Higgs Boson and the Strange Charm
- Requested (1988) Peter Coad.
- It’s Alright (2010) Spike Flynn.
- When Small Talk Leads To Arguments (2011) Will Tremain.
- Higgs Boson and the Strange Charm (2011) Higgs Boson and the Strange Charm