This section is dedicated to the bass guitar, which you know is a stringed instrument played primarily with the fingers (either by plucking, slapping, popping, or tapping) or using a pick. Since the 1950s, the electric bass guitar has largely replaced the double bass in popular music. Bass guitarists provide the low-pitched bass lines and bass runs in many different styles of music ranging from rock and metal to blues and jazz. Bassists also use the bass guitar as a soloing instrument in jazz, fusion, Latin, funk, and in some rock styles.
The list of bass players by Surnames:
These bass players surnames begin with the letter N.
The list of bass players:
- Johnette Napolitano (Concrete Blonde)
- Meshell Ndegeocello
- Billy Bass Nelson (Parliament-Funkadelic)
- Les Nemes (Haircut One Hundred)
- Jason Newsted (Flotsam and Jetsam, Voivod, Metallica, Echobrain, Rock Star Supernova, Ozzy Osbourne)
- Rob “Blasko” Nicholson (Rob Zombie, Ozzy Osbourne)
- Kelly Nickels (L.A. Guns, Faster Pussycat)
- Prescott Niles (The Knack)
- Greg Norton (Hüsker Dü)
- Matt Noveskey (Blue October)
- Krist Novoselic (Nirvana, Eyes Adrift)
- Jonathan Noyce (Jethro Tull)