BEHRINGER VIRTUAL AMPLIFICATION BASS V-AMP
The Ultimate Tone Toolbox for Bass / Acoustic / Electric Guitar and Keyboard Amp Modeling
- 32 authentic virtual amp models freely combinable with 23 awesome speaker cabinet simulations
- Stereo multi-effects including Ultrabass, synth, delay/loop sampler, chorus, flanger, rotary speaker, voice box, auto wah, phaser, ambience and reverb
- 125 memory locations including original artist presets
- Intuitive user interface with direct display of all essential settings
- Additional effect parameters directly accessible on the unit; Tap-tempo function allows real-time adjustment of effects speed parameter
- 4 renowned distortion and overdrive stomp boxes with adjustable Drive, Tone, Boost and Split
- Dedicated wah pedal and studio compressor effects
- Effective Presence, Deep and sweepable Shift/Shape controls for all amp models
- Sweepable 24 dB Butterworth frequency crossover for bi-amping operation
- Stereo Aux input lets you play along with a CD, drum computer or MIDI playback for practice, teaching and home-recording applications
- Balanced stereo Line output with virtual speaker simulation for recording and live applications
- Gig bag and dual footswitch for preset selection and tuner control included
- Adjustable auto-chromatic tuner
- MIDI implementation includes program changes, control changes and SysEx, allowing complete MIDI automation through our free Windows editor software downloadable at www.behringer.com
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
If a lack of money and floor space is all that’s been standing between you a roomful of vintage guitar amps and effects pedals, get ready to love the BASS V-AMP. It comes loaded with 32 amp models, 23 speaker cabinet models and 16 classic effects.
Any Classic You Like
The BASS V-AMP’s 32 amp models are organized into three groups: ACOUSTIC, KEYBOARD and GUITAR. Just twist the dedicated dial to plug into unbelievably authentic simulations of the greatest bass sounds from the 1950s to today. When you select an amp model, a speaker cabinet model is automatically selected. But if you’d prefer a different model, just go to EDIT > CABINETS, then use the BANK UP/DOWN buttons to navigate through all 15 options.
Just like on an actual bass amp, you’ve got a three-band EQ, GAIN, VOLUME and MASTER VOLUME dials. There’s even a COMPRESSOR dial for tight, smooth tone with a variable attack. By holding the TAP button, the TREBLE dial becomes a PRESENCE control. This enables the adjustment of a high-frequency filter that can add or remove a “shimmer” from the BASS V-AMP’s tone.
Top Tone – In Full Effect
The BASS V-AMP gives you flanger, chorus, reverb, delay and 12 other beautiful digital effects to apply to your sound. Adjust the effect’s level in the mix via the EFFECTS dial. To adjust effect parameters, you can rhythmically press the TAP button to alter delay times or LFO speeds, or hold down the TAP button and twist the EFFECTS knob to access e.g. feedback or depth. By using a MIDI pedal, such as the BEHRINGER FCB1010, you can access an additional Wah Wah effect. You can adjust the filter characteristic by entering EDIT mode, selecting the DRIVE menu and turning the EFFECTS knob while holding the TAP button.
Presenting the Presets
All of these elements have been combined into 125 different presets divided into 25 banks, accessible through the BANK UP/ BANK DOWN buttons. Within each bank, you can press buttons A through E to explore its different presets. You can also create and save your own presets. Start by selecting a preset, then making any changes you wish: amp, EQ, effect, etc. The preset LED will begin to flash, indicating that the BASS V-AMP is ready to save your settings. To do this, hold the preset button down for about two seconds. Once the LED stops flashing, you have saved the modified preset. On top of all this, the BASS V-AMP also features a built-in tuner and noise gate. In essence, it’s a Swiss Army Knife for the home recording enthusiast or gigging bassist who can’t seem to settle on one amp.
Stunning in the studio
The BASS V-AMP features several configurations that make it an invaluable asset in the studio. Access the configuration menu by pressing the B and D buttons at the same time. Then use BANK UP and BANK DOWN to select a configuration.
When using headphones, the BASS V-AMP will switch into Studio Mode 1 (S1). This stereo mode works well for both monitoring and recording with effects, amp and speaker modeling. It doesn’t apply the additional three-band EQ to the signal, but most recording programs – like energyXT2.5 – have their own EQ. In Studio Mode 2 (S2), the BASS V-AMP sends a signal with amp and speaker simulation, but only the right output has effects. You can either record both left and right outputs to separate tracks, or record the “dry” left output while monitoring the right output.
Stellar on Stage
The BASS V-AMP has three live configurations. When performing live with this device, you can either run it to an amp on stage, run directly to the mixing board, or both. Live Mode 1 is the best choice for running the outputs directly to the mixer, because it applies amp and speaker simulation, effects and an additional 3-band EQ.
Use Live Mode 2 to run the BASS V-AMP into the effects return inputs of 2 different guitar amps. This configuration does not feature speaker simulation, allowing the amplifier’s natural speaker sound to go unaltered. In this scenario, the amps would be mic’d on stage to get the sound to the house speakers, and having a dedicated monitor would be less important. In Live Mode 3, you can send the left output to an amp’s effects return for onstage volume, while the right output sends signal to the main mixer for inclusion in the main house mix. Also note that you can press the TAP key while turning the GAIN knob to adjust the input sensitivity to match the output of your guitar’s pickups. If the CLIP LED lights, the input’s sensitivity should be reduced.
Veni, MIDI, Vici
The BASS V-AMP comes fully equipped to fit right into a MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) setup. It can be controlled in real time from a computer, or via a MIDI foot controller during a live performance. Its MIDI connectors are international-standard 5-pin DIN connectors. You will need dedicated MIDI cables (not included).
The MIDI IN jack receives MIDI controller data. It can be adjusted in EDIT mode by pressing the A button and then using the arrow keys. MIDI OUT/THRU sends data to a computer. You can transmit both preset data and parameter changes. Some people even use the BASS V-AMP as a remote control for parameters of their DAW or VST instruments, which is more handy than using the mouse alone. If set to MIDI THRU, the BASS V-AMP does not send its own MIDI information, but passes on the signal received at the MIDI IN connector.
So Much Sound, So Little Hassle
It’s hard enough finding another virtual bass amplifier with this much versatility, let alone one as economical as the BASS V-AMP. This go-anywhere, do-anything wonder will leave you reeling in your own creativity, with cash to spare for other gear you’ll need along the way to becoming a sonic titan both live and in your home studio.
- 125 memory locations, divided into 25 banks with 5 presets each
- Stereo aux input lets you plug in and play along with a CD, drum computer, or MIDI playback for practice, teaching and home-recording applications
- Dual footswitch permits toggling between five preset sounds within one bank-without any MIDI programming (included)
- 16 analog and digital multi-effects including ultrabass, synth, delay/loop sampler, chorus, flanger, rotary speaker, voice box, auto wah, phaser, ambience and reverb
- 4 renowned distortion and overdrive stomp boxes with adjustable DRIVE, TONE, BOOST and SPLIT